What You Can Do To Improve Your Credit
Credit scores, along with your overall income and debt, are big factors in determining whether youíll qualify for a loan and what your loan terms will be. So, keep your credit score high by doing the following:
1. Check for and correct any errors in your credit report. Mistakes happen, and you could be paying for someone elseís poor financial management.
2. Pay down credit card bills. If possible, pay off the entire balance every month. Transferring credit card debt from one card to another could lower your score.
3. Donít charge your credit cards to the maximum limit.
4. Wait 12 months after credit difficulties to apply for a mortgage. Youíre penalized less for problems after a year.
5. Donít order items for your new home on credit - such as appliances and furniture - until after the loan is approved. The amounts will add to your debt.
6. Donít open new credit card accounts before applying for a mortgage. Too much available credit can lower your score.
7. Shop for mortgage rates all at once. Too many credit applications can lower your score, but multiple inquiries from the same type of lender are counted as one inquiry if submitted over a short period of time.
8. Avoid finance companies. Even if you pay the loan on time, the interest is high and it will probably be considered a sign of poor credit management.
This information is copyrighted by the Fannie Mae Foundation and is used with permission of the Fannie Mae Foundation.
courtesy of: realtor.org
SEARCH MY WEBSITE HERE:
(619) 301-8589 Peg Heying email@example.com
Your San Diego Relocation Realtor
AND HIT ENTER!
Relocating from out of state, on a military PCS transfer to San Diego, moving within San Diego neighborhoods, buying or selling real estate? Remember, NO OBLIGATION to you, get FREE information from me always! Give me a call, shoot me an email, send me a text message, send that carrier pigeon asap!
© Copyright 2010-2015. All rights reserved. Equal Housing Opportunity. We do not discriminate against any person based on
race, color, gender, sexual orientation, disability, familial status, national origin or religion.
Mary "PEG" Heying
REALTORģ - CA DRE #01726709
San Diego's Ace Relocation Realtor
265 W. Washington St.
San Diego, CA 92103
(CONTACT ME HERE)