Why Buyers Work With A Realtor®
Not all real estate practitioners are REALTORS®. The term REALTOR® is a registered trademark that identifies a real estate professional who is a member of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION of REALTORS® and subscribes to its strict Code of Ethics. Here are reasons why it pays to work with a REALTOR®.
1. You’ll have an expert to guide you through the process. Buying a home usually requires disclosure forms, inspection reports, mortgage documents, insurance policies, deeds, and multi-page settlement statements. A knowledgeable expert will help you prepare the best deal for your money and avoid unnecessary delays or costly mistakes.
2. Get objective information and opinions. REALTORS® can provide local community information on utilities, zoning, schools, and more. They’ll also be able to provide objective information about each property. A professional will be able to help you answer these two important questions: Will the property provide the environment I want for a home or investment? Second, will the property have resale value when I am ready to sell?
3. Find the best property out there. Sometimes the property you are seeking is available but not actively advertised in the market. It will take some investigation by your REALTOR® to find all available properties for you.
4. Benefit from their negotiating experience. There are many negotiating factors, including but not limited to, price, financing, terms, date of possession, and inclusion or exclusion of repairs, furnishings, or equipment. In addition, the purchase agreement should provide a period of time for you to complete appropriate inspections and investigations of the property before you are bound to complete the purchase. Your agent can advise you as to which investigations and inspections are recommended or required and the time limits associated with those.
5. Real estate has its own language. If you don’t know a CMA from a PUD, you can understand why it’s important to work with a professional who is immersed in the industry and knows the real estate language as well as the legal contract language.
6. REALTORS® have done it before. Most people buy and sell only a few homes in a lifetime, usually with quite a few years in between each purchase. And even if you’ve done it before, laws and regulations change. REALTORS®, on the other hand, handle hundreds of real estate transactions over the course of their career. REALTORS® are ethically required to stay on top of the changing laws and regulations which occur every year. Having an expert on your side is critical to gaining the absolute, best deal out there for you.
7. Buying and selling is emotional. A home often symbolizes family, rest, and security - it’s not just four walls and a roof. Because of this, home buying and selling can be an emotional undertaking. And for most people, a home is the biggest purchase they’ll ever make. Having a concerned, but objective, third party helps you stay focused on both the emotional and financial issues most important to you.
8. Ethical treatment. Every member of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION of REALTORS® makes a commitment to adhere to a strict Code of Ethics, which is based on your privacy, the REALTORS® professionalism and protection of the public. With the guidance of a REALTOR®, you can expect honest and ethical treatment in all transaction-related matters. It is mandatory for REALTORS® to take the classes and adhere to the Code of Ethics along with being required to complete a refresher course every four years. A REALTOR® who does not adhere to the legal requirements of fiduciary duty (trustworthiness) can lose their license, pay large fines and even serve jail time under the right circumstances!
SEARCH MY WEBSITE HERE:
(619) 301-8589 Peg Heying email@example.com
Your San Diego Relocation Realtor
AND HIT ENTER!
Relocating from out of state, on a military PCS transfer to San Diego, moving within San Diego neighborhoods, buying or selling real estate? Remember, NO OBLIGATION to you, get FREE information from me always! Give me a call, shoot me an email, send me a text message, send that carrier pigeon asap!
© Copyright 2010-2015. All rights reserved. Equal Housing Opportunity. We do not discriminate against any person based on
race, color, gender, sexual orientation, disability, familial status, national origin or religion.
Mary "PEG" Heying
REALTOR® - CA DRE #01726709
San Diego's Ace Relocation Realtor
265 W. Washington St.
San Diego, CA 92103
(CONTACT ME HERE)