Why Sellers Work With A Realtor®?
Not all real estate practitioners are REALTORS®. The term REALTOR® is a registered trademark that identifies a real estate professional who is a member of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION of REALTORS® and subscribes to its strict Code of Ethics. Here are reasons why it pays to work with a REALTOR®.
1. You’ll have an expert to guide you through the process. Buying or selling a home usually requires disclosure forms, inspection reports, mortgage documents, insurance policies, deeds, and multi-page settlement statements. A knowledgeable expert will help you prepare the best deal, and avoid delays or costly mistakes.
2. Get objective information and opinions. REALTORS® are able to provide objective information about properties that have sold recently to assist in pricing your home for sale. A professional will be able to help you answer these two important questions: How much will my home sell for? Second, will my home sell for what I need to cover my mortgage balance?
3. Find the best deal out there. Sometimes a property will receive more than one offer to purchase and it will take some investigation by your REALTOR® to ferret out the best deal with the highest likliehood of successfully closing escrow.
4. Benefit from their negotiating experience. There are many negotiating factors, including but not limited to price, financing, terms, date of possession, and inclusion or exclusion of repairs, furnishings, or equipment. Your agent can advise you as to which offers are the "strongest" in terms of both potential for success and the dollars you get to keep after paying off your mortgage balance.
5. Property marketing power. Real estate doesn’t sell due to advertising alone! In fact, a large share of real estate sales comes as the result of a practitioner’s professional contacts through previous clients, referrals, friends, and family. When a property is marketed with the help of a REALTOR®, you do not have to allow strangers into your home. Your REALTOR® can prescreen and accompany qualified prospects through your property.
6. Real estate has its own language. If you don’t know a CMA from a PUD, you can understand why it’s important to work with a professional who is immersed in the industry and knows the real estate language as well as the legal contract language.
7. REALTORS® have done it before. Most people buy and sell only a few homes in a lifetime, usually with quite a few years in between each purchase. And even if you’ve done it before, laws and regulations change. REALTORS®, on the other hand, handle hundreds of real estate transactions over the course of their career. REALTORS® are ethically required to stay on top of the changing laws and regulations which occur every year. Having an expert on your side is critical to gaining the absolute, best deal out there for you.
8. Buying and selling is emotional. A home often symbolizes family, rest, and security - it’s not just four walls and a roof. Because of this, home buying and selling can be an emotional undertaking. And for most people, a home is the biggest purchase or sale they’ll ever make. Having a concerned, but objective, expert third party helps you stay focused on both the emotional and financial issues most important to you and your family.
9. Ethical treatment. Every member of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION of REALTORS® makes a commitment to adhere to a strict Code of Ethics, which is based on your privacy, the REALTORS® professionalism and protection of the public. With the guidance of a REALTOR®, you can expect honest and ethical treatment in all transaction-related matters. It is mandatory for REALTORS® to take the classes and adhere to the Code of Ethics along with being required to complete a refresher course every four years. A REALTOR® who does not adhere to the legal requirements of fiduciary duty (trustworthiness) can lose their license, pay large fines and even serve jail time under the right circumstances!
SEARCH MY WEBSITE HERE:
(619) 301-8589 Peg Heying email@example.com
Your San Diego Relocation Realtor
Relocating from out of state, on a military PCS transfer to San Diego, moving within San Diego neighborhoods, buying or selling real estate? Remember, NO OBLIGATION to you, get FREE information from me always! Give me a call, shoot me an email, send me a text message, send that carrier pigeon asap!
AND HIT ENTER!
© Copyright 2010-2015. All rights reserved. Equal Housing Opportunity. We do not discriminate against any person based on
race, color, gender, sexual orientation, disability, familial status, national origin or religion.
Mary "PEG" Heying
REALTOR® - CA DRE #01726709
San Diego's Ace Relocation Realtor
265 W. Washington St.
San Diego, CA 92103
(CONTACT ME HERE)